Friday, January 27, 2017

A Pinch of This, A Dash of That

Jason's sister turns out to be a shabby chic decorator

This has been a very busy week. Not as much writing as I would have liked, but productive nonetheless as I deal with translations and promo and print and audio. Some good stuff is coming in the months ahead. Something for everyone, I hope!


I did make some progress on The Monet Murders though. Oh, by the way, it's now listed for preorder on Amazon. (It's been listed everywhere else for months, but Amazon doesn't let you list preorders for more than 3 months in advance.)


This is the really time-consuming part of any book. It's figuring out things like...wait, did I ever say where Jason lives? Did I mention his partner? The names of his sisters? Did I figure out where Sam lives? Is his mother still alive? How many agents are under him at the BAU... and on and on we go.


As I'm packing for a long-awaited and much needed vacation, I thought today I'd share with you some random snippets of my research on this book, and you can start guessing as to what you think this book is going to be about. ;-)


So from my research...


1 - The Monuments Men


2 -  Knoedler


3 - Venice, California


4 - Grant Lee Phillip's Mona Lisa








4 - Monet


5 - Creepy Upstate New York Mansion






Oh, and here's another shot of Jason's new house.


I knew he lived by the water. I just didn't realize where!







27 comments:

  1. Oh how cool that Jason lives in Venice, Los Angeles! That fits so well for him! Also, I'm planning to visit Venice in a month and this makes it even more fun. :-D

    Wonderful to hear you being so happy and productive, dear Josh. And I love the list you're sharing with us. I'm currently listening to Grant Lee Phillips' Mona Lisa for the umpteenth time.

    I've also been re-listening The Mermaid Murders. I love that book so very much! I can't wait to see what Jason and Sam are up to in The Monet Murders. The clues in your list are super intriguing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the audio on TMM! (Just had to mention that yet again.) :-D

      Delete
  2. Loving your productivity Josh. I'm so excited to discover what you come up with for Jason and Sam this go-round.

    Jason in Venice, in that house? Totally fits. Now picturing Sam there is a whole other kind of interesting :-D Trying to figure out how your other clues fit in.

    Enjoy vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's not really easy to picture where Sam lives...but then I think Sam mostly just lives out of that Tumi suitcase. :-)

      Delete
  3. Can't wait for The Monet Murders! And in the meantime, enjoying the clues :-)
    (which also reminded me that i haven't seen the Monuments Men movie yet)

    Have a lovely, relaxing, fun vacation, dear Josh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did a pretty good job trying to combine a lot of material in that movie. And George Clooney, so what's not to like. :-)

      Delete
  4. Ahh Any little bit of these two is a wonderful surprise. I've never been to Venice but that house is beautiful. Good for Jason. Now as for Sam...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love getting these little hints. I just pre-ordered. I can't Wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! Love Jason's house...and the creepy upstate New York mansion (always found upstate N.Y. to be creepy altogether --though beautiful). I've pre-ordered. Can't wait for the emotional book 2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry, I was distracted by that house...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great mature garden and plenty of fish in that canal, I'm guessing.

      Delete
    2. Fish come from little tins, not canals.
      The garden though, yes, is lovely.

      Delete
  8. Aside from Amazon, where else will it be available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been listed on Smashwords, iBooks, Kobo, B&N for months now. :-)

      Delete
  9. I have some nice rugs to put on that tile floor. nice house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those floorboards would be chilly in winter! :-)

      Delete
  10. Have a wonderful holiday :) Fair Chance is up for pre-order on Audible today too so even more good news.

    ReplyDelete
  11. (scratches head). Knoedler's sold someone living in a creepy house in upstate New York a fake da Vinci/Monet/fill in the blank. Someone stole it and killed the owner. Why would anyone kill for a fake painting?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am/was something of a Monet fangirl. I've visited Giverny (Monet's house and gardens) twice. My favorite honeymoon photo is of us posed on the lily pond bridge. And Monet is our older daughter's middle name. :)

    The Monet article was a nice overview (although the blogger's agenda re "common man makes good" was a bit much for me.)

    I enjoyed all of your hints. Really looking forward to this book. I predict this will be another stellar series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I snorted at that too. :-D That's so fascinating about your relationship with Monet's work!

      Delete
  13. Oh man I've been writing serials for years and skipping between stories over months always leaves me asking all those kinds of questions over and over again! I have to make cheat sheets for myself- though I often forget and then I'm s.o.l.! haha Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned the audio books in a series can be a really helpful tool for remembering stuff!

      Delete